Sunday 29 May 2011

Titanic Reunion

Filed under: Current Affairs — purplehsiaoling at 8:38 am on Monday, March 26, 2007

    I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw the headlines of "Titanic Reunion" in the Sunday Star with the tag line, "Titanic stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet will reunite in a movie titled Revolutionary Road."

     Gosh, this is like a fantasy come true!  You must know that I am a big fan of Titanic in 1997.  I go positively ga-ga over anything Titanic.  Was very disappointed when Leonardo didn’t get nominated for an Oscar and Kate didn’t win.  Nevertheless, they remain my most favourite actor and actress respectively. 

     And I am over the moon that they are going to star together again!  I must admit that when I first saw "Titanic Reunion", I thought that there’ll be a Titanic part II!  Haha..  Thinking back now, I feel rather silly.  Jack Dawson died, didn’t he?  Ugh..  Why did he have to die?  Why, oh, why?

     Anyway, Revolutionary Road (according to the newspapers) is a tale of "thwarted (hmm..  this word goes into my list of favourite words - not for its meaning but its nice rhythm) passion and the search for fulfilment."  Very intriguing indeed. 

     Oh, please, please..  Don’t let the movie be too dark and let it have a happy ending!  Haha..  This is a plea from my hopeless romantic side.

     To be directed by Sam Mendes, Kate Winslet’s husband (my favourite starbiz couple.  Hehe..  Do forgive my liberal use of the word "favourite" in here.  Well, can’t help it when I am indeed talking about my favourite people and all!) and based on Richard Yates’ novel..  Okay, my search for the book begins now.   

     I await with bated breath for the release of "Revolutionary Road."  Gosh, I certainly hope it hits Malaysian shores! 

No comments:

Post a Comment